Sunday, May 6, 2012

Research Paper: My Views on Breastfeeding In Public

Well folks, the time has come in the semester to write my very last paper. As much as I love writing, I am so glad this moment has finally arrived.

Looking back on my writing and my time spent in English 1117, I am actually quite proud of my accomplishments in writing. Not only have a drastically (in my opinion), grown as a writer, I also was able to write about many things which I am very passionate about. My first essay assignment was to write about something that was sentimental to me. I, being a great wife (laughs out loud), wrote about my wedding ring and what it means to me. This essay forced me to really think about the things I value most in my life: My beautiful family. I actually cried when I read my essay to my husband, and it brought us closer. Between you and I, I have secretly gone back and reread that essay to myself after my husband and I have an argument. I feel that it improved my relationship a great deal.

Our assignment for our very last essay was to write about a topic in which we care about that is controversial. I knew almost immediately what I wanted to write about: Breastfeeding in Public. As a breastfeeding mother, I have dealt with the glares, stares, and un-fairs of the public eye when I take my baby girl out in public, and to be quite honest, I am sick of it. God gave women breasts to feed their babies (although this is a fallacy and I will NOT be using it in my essay-see I learned something!), and I do not feel it is fair to judge a women who is doing something so natural as breastfeeding her infant. I have taken Kendall into the restroom to feed her--that sucks. I have taken her out to our car to feed her, and I have made her wait until we got home to eat because of the downright nasty looks people give when they see mother's breastfeeding in public. It is so cruel and after doing my research, I have decided I will no longer give into the public. I will breastfeed my baby wherever I want to--fully covered of course. I can't wait to finish my essay. I am also thinking about volunteering for the National La Leche League in Rochester. I really want to do something to promote public awareness on this issue. Besides, my dream job is to work in OB or Labor and Delivery and I don't think it will look too shabby on my resume. What do you think about public breastfeeding?

Here is my little porker. Exclusively breastfed since day one. She looks pretty healthy huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment