Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dr Seuss is my all time favorite idol. It is very hard for me to pick just one quote that I am inspired by, but after 7 days of thinking it through, I believe I have finally narrowed it down.

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”

I despise excuses. I have been around plenty of' "negative Nellie's" in my lifetime who constantly feel sorry for themselves and make up excuses as to why their lives are not the way they want them to be. Why is anyone else's fault? Why are you not the one to blame? There are certainly exceptions when it comes to why a person is not able to do something, but for the most part, I strongly believe that life is what YOU make it. Nothing in life is free, and most everything comes from hard work. Family, children, work, illness, depression, money, husbands, wives.... I could go on forever but I am sure you get the idea. These are all excuses. Excuses people use every single day to try to tell themselves or others that they cannot do something. Hurdles are everywhere. We must learn to overcome them. If you do, you can do anything!

Along with this quote, I have several other of Dr. Seuess's quotes up in my home. My entire daycare area is "Seussland". If you haven't read many of his books, you should. He has a simple way of writing that is actually very "deep". Here is a photo of a wall in my daycare area that is dedicated to some of my favotite quotes.


No comments:

Post a Comment